Worried about your ATAR?
SAIBT offers an accelerated pathway to the University of South Australia (UniSA). For Australian citizens and permanent residents choosing the SAIBT pathway, they will graduate with their SAIBT Diploma and then continue directly into their second year at UniSA.
SAIBT is for domestic students who:
Did not meet ATAR entrance requirements to get directly into UniSA
Completed Year 12 but did not attain an ATAR
Did not complete enough SACE subjects at high school
Successfully completed Year 11, or;
Are a mature-aged student that did not meet mature-age university entry requirements (assessed case-by-case)
Do I need to apply through SATAC?
You do not need to apply through SATAC. Australian citizens and permanent residents can apply directly to SAIBT to study any of our FIVE Diplomas commencing in either February, June or October. You can fast track and complete your Diploma over 2 Trimesters, or over 3 Trimesters.
Didn’t achieve the ATAR you hoped for?
SAIBT is situated on the UniSA City East campus [corner of North Terrace and Frome Road]. SAIBT will assess your application for Diploma entry. Students are required to pass all 8 Diploma units to be eligible for entry into the second year of their chosen UniSA Bachelor Degree. Popular courses include Bachelor of Business and Marketing, Bachelor of Engineering, Bachelor of Nursing or Midwifery, Bachelor of Arts, and Bachelor of IT (Information Technology).
How can I apply?
You can apply online or in person at the SAIBT office. Applying online at www.saibt.sa.edu.au/apply will ensure quick assessment and receipt of your Offer Letter within 48 hours. It is never too late to apply, but be quick as registration/selecting your timetable closes on the second Monday following Orientation.
How do I apply online?
1. Complete your Application online Application form
2. Attach certified copies of:
Your highest academic qualifications including high school transcripts, SACE Certificate/Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR -all 4 pages), or other relevant certificates of work or study
Proof of Australian citizenship or permanent residency (passport or birth certificate)
3. Original copies must be certified either by:
- An authorized SAIBT representative at the SAIBT Office (UniSA City East campus)
- The official records department of the institute that originally issued the documents
- A Justice of the Peace
- Post office Staff – a fee may be charged by the post office
- Police officer - visit your nearest Police Station
4. Submit your application. Successful applicants will be emailed a Letter of Offer within 48 hours. There may be delays where credit/exemption/recognition for prior learning is sought for previous study.
Accepting your Letter of Offer
To accept your offer and to find out about commencing classes, please go to:
Students (Australian Citizens and Permanent humanitarian visa holders) may be eligible for FEE-HELP, a government loan scheme. More information on FEE-HELP, please visit: