Students can choose from a range of accommodation options when they study at SAIBT.
Students can learn more about the Australian culture by living with an Australian family.
Students can enjoy hassle-free style of living within a safe and secure environment
Live in fully furnished student apartments in the city centre close to SAIBT. Apartments include a kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, living/study area, air conditioning and heating.
Students have access to private and shared rental accommodation that is affordable and close to the city centre.
Students can choose from a range of accommodation options when studying at SAIBT. Flexible and varied options are available to you, along with dedicated staff who will assist you with this process.
Please note: International students who are under 18 years of age may only apply for Adelaide Student Lodge (ASL) or homestay accommodation. For accommodation and guardianship fees click here.
To contact Accommodation Staff email email@example.com
Residence accommodation for overseas students under 18 years of age
SAIBT in partnership with ASL, a purpose built student residence available to students who are under 18 years of age and studying at SAIBT.
ASL aims to provide a 'home away from home' for international students.
ASL is located just 7 kilometres from the city centre of Adelaide and within close proximity to all major bus and tram transport services, a variety of food outlets, shopping centre, travel agent and medical centre.
Accommodating up to 32 students in single rooms. ASL offers fully catered accommodation where meals and a weekly room clean (optional) is incorporated in a single fee.
ASL also continues to accommodate stduents who are over 18 years of age.
Homestay allows you to live with an Australian family. As a member of the host family you will be introduced to Australian culture and have the chance to practice English in everyday situations to help you develop your language skills. Most host families are located within 30 minutes by public transport from SAIBT and the city centre. If you choose homestay, a five week minimum stay applies. The option to extend your stay is generally welcomed after mutual discussion with your hosts.
Homestay offers a convenient and supported short-term accommodation option allowing you time to settle into Adelaide and take time to look for a share house or apartment living.
Includes a fully furnished room, Wifi, all utilities and meals - breakfast and dinner from Monday to Friday and all meals on weekends and holidays. Full board homestay is $290 per week.
Some homestays provide all the above, except meals. Students are expected to purchase and prepare their own meals using the homestay kitchen facilities. Part board homestay is $200 per week.
Fully catered student residence
Fully catered accommodation provides students with a safe and secure environment in a supportive setting with all meals and Wifi provided. A 'home away from home' where students are provided with their own room and given the opportunity to establish new friendships with other students.
Adelaide offers a wide choice of purpose built student apartment options all located in the CBD and within walking distance or a short free tram ride to SAIBT, the Adelaide Central Market and numerous shopping and restaurant precincts. They are fully furnished and include a kitchen, bathroom (many with own ensuite bathroom), living/study area and air conditioning. This is perfect option for more independent living with great apartment options to choose from, your own apartment or shared, and many room types are available to suit varied budgets.
Most apartments are available for a 6 or 12 month contract period.
Student apartment costs
Student apartments vary in cost from approximately A$250 to A$490 per week. Most facilities include Wifi, water and electricity in the weekly room fee however there are a few properties where an added charge applies for utilities. Extra charges may apply for electricity, gas, internet access, telephone connection and laundry facilities. Accommodation staff can help guide you with this
Scape Waymouth Street
Scape Waymouth Street is located in the heart of Adelaide, and offers the very best in safe and secure student living with premium modern apartments at affordable rates. On offer is a range of stylish apartments including twin bunk, twin share, 2, 3, 5, 6 and 7 bedroom apartments and studios, most with own ensuite bathroom.
Experience a first class range of amenities including, 24/7 security and support, free high-speed WiFi, 24/7 gym, a huge rooftop terrace, outdoor basketball court and courtyard, private cinema, spacious communal kitchen and supported study areas, and games rooms. Waymouth Street’s central location and close proximity to universities, public transport and shopping centres mean you have easy access to all your day to day requirements and all the other exciting elements Adelaide has to offer.
- Rental is inclusive of all utilities, no more to pay!
- State of the art facilities.
- Student experience program with daily events and staff support.
- Safe and secure with swipe card access, 24/7 security and staff support.
- Unlmited high speed wifi internet per month is included.
- Cashless laundry facilities onsite.
- Prices start from $219 per week (twin share room). Flexible lease terms with discounts offered for 12 month contracts. Flexible short term stays available – separate room rates apply.
For more details: https://www.scape.com.au/student-accommodation-waymouth/
Scape Adelaide Central
Scape provides hassle-free living within a safe and secure environment so you can concentrate on the things that matter, the enjoyment and success of your studies.
- Single ensuite rooms in 4, 5 or 6 bedroom apartment furnished.
- Double or single studio – furnished.
- Shared furnished living and kitchen areas.
- Located on North Terrace within easy walking distance to SAIBT.
- Reliable broadband internet in every bedroom and social area. Unlimited Wifi is included.
- Easy and convenient Inclusive Packages that include utilities, internet connection & usage and contents insurance.
- State-of-the-art security with a team dedicated to making Scape Adelaide Central an exceptional place to live, study and socialise.
For more information: https://www.scape.com.au/student-accommodation-at-the-university-of-adelaide
UniLodge Metro Adelaide
- Furnished one or two bedroom student apartments
- Each apartment has a separate bedroom, remote control flat screen television, carpet, telephone, security intercom, internet ready, dining table and chairs, study desk, chair and air-conditioning.
- Kitchens have electric cook top stove. Microwave, range hood, fridge, sink.
- Bathrooms equipped with vanity basin, mirror, shower, hand rail and toilet.
- Safe, secure student apartment designed specifically for students academic and social needs.
- Great indoor and outdoor recreational facilities.
- Convenient city location close to transport, shops and cafes.
- Unlimited internet data per month included.
For more information: https://www.unilodge.com.au/student-accommodation-adelaide
UniLodge on Waymouth
- Fully furnished studio apartments with ensuite bathrooms.
- Balcony, reverse cycle air conditioning, microwave oven, hot plates, fridge, single or double bed, broadband internet connection, flat screen wall mounted television, study desk and chair, lounge, coffee table, wardrobe and bedside table.
- Common facilities include a gymnasium, library, outdoor entertaining area, tutorial room, lounge room, bike storage facilities, 24 hour staff, secure smart card access and CCTV security cameras.
- Fully equipped laundry facility with washing machines, clothes dryers, ironing boards and irons.
- Unlimited internet data per month included.
For more information: https://www.unilodge.com.au/student-accommodation-adelaide/waymouth
UniLodge City Gardens
A new facility in the heart of the CBD offering great facilities and offering a range of apartment options from studio to 6 bedroom apartments.
- Rental is inclusive of water, electricity and Wifi
- Unlimited Wifi
- Each room is air-conditioned
- State-of-the-art facilities including a theatrette, common living areas and an outdoor BBQ area
- Coin or card operated laundry
For more information: https://www.unilodge.com.au/student-accommodation-adelaide/city-gardens
Dwell East End Adelaide Student Accommodation
Located two minutes walk to SAIBT with all major shopping facilities at the doorstep!
- Predominantly offering varied studio apartment options
- Unlimited Wifi access
- Utilities are included in weekly room rental (water, electricity, unlimited Wifi)
- Vast indoor/outdoor rooftop are including a communal kitchen and living space with incredible views of Adelaide
- Games room, gym, cinema, study rooms and laundry facilities
For more information: https://dwellstudent.com.au/adelaide/
Brand new facility opened in 2022 located directly across the road from SAIBT offering state of the art facilities including gym, media room, cinema room, BBQ terrace, study areas and more.
- Room types to cater for varied budgets from studios to 5 bedroom share apartments
- Rooms with ensuite bathrooms
- All inclusive rent (air conditioning, electricity and water)
- High speed internet
For more information: https://yugo.com/en-gb/global/australia/adelaide
Opened in 2022, the Y Suites offer studio and shared apartments.
- Sky lounge garden, cinema rooms, courtyard area with basketball ring and BBQ areas, dance room, table tennis, pool table and more
- Room types from studio apartments to share apartments
- Room rental includes utilities (electricty and water)
- Unlimited Wifi
For more information: https://www.ysuites.co/suites/y-suites-waymouth/
Conveniently located on North Terrace, right in the heart of the CBD. The Switch is a brand new property which opened in 2022 offering co-living with a mix of mainly student and Uni graduates who are now working. Rundle Mall shopping precinct, SAIBT and beautiful parklands are a 5 minute walk and a free tram stop is directly across the road. Offering full furnished apartment options from studios to four bedroom apartments with shared bathroom or ensuite bathroom options. A beautifully furnished facility.
- Sustainably and community focused
- Co-working or private study spaces
- Rooftop lounge on level 34 offers incredible view from the coast to the hills
- Communal kitchen, herb garden and outdoor BBQ area
- Indoor fitness studio with state of the art equipment and a personal trainer included in the room rental
- Complimentary laundry facilities
- Room rental is also inclusive of all utilities - water, electricty, unlimited high speed Wifi, and laundry.
For more information: https://www.switchliving.com.au/adelaide-central/
Torrens Valley International Residence (Without Meals)
- 4 weeks minimum stay.
- Single room occupancy.
- Furniture and linen included.
- Share kitchen and bathroom.
- Lounge areas.
- On site coin operated laundry.
- Close to shopping centre, cinema.
- 20 minute bus trip to campus.
- Wireless internet $55 per month for unlimited download.
For more information: http://www.tvir.biz/
Private rental accommodation
This option provides you with the flexibility of finding a home or share house to suit your needs, exactly where you want to be. This type of accommodation should only be arranged after you arrive in Adelaide.
Beware of rental scams!
It is important to inspect the property in person and be satisfied with the contract conditions before paying a rental deposit and bond.
Our accommodation team are available to help with tips and advice and to assist with temporary accommodation for your arrival.
Visit www.sa.gov.au/topics/housing/renting-and-letting for information on rights and responsibilities of tenants and landlords.
Temporary accommodation is available in the form of a share dormitory [backpackers], hostel or hotel accommodation. This accommodation is paid for directly with the provider.
We can help find short-term accommodation for your parents or family if they come with you to Adelaide.
Contact the Accommodation Office for current advice firstname.lastname@example.org.