Students can choose from a range of accommodation options when they study at SAIBT.
Students can learn more about the Australian culture by living with an Australian family.
Students can enjoy hassle-free style of living within a safe and secure environment
Live in fully furnished student apartments in the city centre close to SAIBT. Apartments include a kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, living/study area, air conditioning and heating.
Students have access to private and shared rental accommodation that is affordable and close to the city centre.
Students can choose from a range of accommodation options when studying at SAIBT.
Please note: International students who are under 18 years of age may only apply for Homeaway or homestay accommodation. For accommodation and guardianship fees click here.
To contact Accommodation Staff click here.
Residence Accommodation for overseas students under 18 years of age
SAIBT in partnership with Homeaway, now has a purpose built student residences available to students who are under 18 years of age and studying at SAIBT.
Homeaway aims to provide a 'home away from home' for international students.
There are two Homeaway facilities:
Homeaway I is located just 3 kilometres from the city centre of Adelaide and within close proximity to all major bus and tram transport services, a variety of food outlets, shopping centre, travel agent and medical centre.
Accommodating up to 32 students in single rooms. Homeaway offers fully catered accommodation where meals and a weekly room clean (optional) is incorporated in a single fee.
Homeaway II is located on the city fringe parklands and a 5-10 minute tram ride to all facilities and the city centre.
Homeaway II also offers fully catered accommodation and accommodates 50 students mostly in single rooms. A few rooms with ensuite bathrooms are available.
To find out more click here.
Homestay allows you to live with an Australian family. As a member of the host family, you will be introduced to Australian culture and have the chance to practice English in everyday situations to help you develop your language skills. Most host families are located within 30 minutes by public transport from SAIBT. If you choose a homestay, you must stay for a minimum of five weeks. Homestays are also a good option if you need short-term accommodation while you look for an apartment or house to rent. You can settle into Adelaide quickly with the help of your host family, while you take your time to look for permanent accommodation.
Some homestays provide all of the above, except meals. Students are expected to purchase and prepare their own meals using the homestay kitchen facilities.
The cost of homestay is A$260 per week, which may include includes breakfast and dinner from Monday to Friday and all meals on weekends and holidays.
Part-board homestay costs A$170 per week.
Numerous student apartments are situated in the city centre close to SAIBT. These are generally fully furnished apartments that are only rented to students. Apartments include a kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, air conditioning, living/study area and heating. Single, twin and double accommodation is available. Most apartments are available for a minimum term of 12 months and rooms are available in one, two, four or six bedroom apartments.
Student apartment costs
Student apartments vary in cost from approximately A$200 to A$400 per week. Extra charges may apply for electricity, gas, internet access, telephone connection and laundry facilities.
Atira Student Living
Atira Waymouth Street is located in the heart of Adelaide, and offers the very best in safe and secure student living with premium modern apartments at affordable rates. On offer is a range of stylish apartments including twin bunk, twin share, 2, 3, 5, 6 and 7 bedroom apartments and studios, most with own ensuite bathroom.
Experience a first class range of amenities including, 24/7 security and support, free high-speed WiFi, 24/7 gym, a huge rooftop terrace, outdoor basketball court and courtyard, private cinema, spacious communal kitchen and supported study areas, and games rooms. Waymouth Street’s central location and close proximity to universities, public transport and shopping centres mean you have easy access to all your day to day requirements and all the other exciting elements Adelaide has to offer.
- Rental is inclusive of all utilities, no more to pay!
- State of the art facilities.
- Student experience program with daily events and staff support.
- Safe and secure with swipe card access, 24/7 security and staff support.
- 100GB high speed wifi internet per month is included.
- Cashless laundry facilities onsite.
- Prices start from $195 per week. Flexible lease terms with discounts offered for 12 month contracts,. Flexible short term stays available – separate room rates apply.
For more details: https://waymouth.atira.com/
Urbanest provides hassle-free living within a safe and secure environment so you can concentrate on the things that matter, the enjoyment and success of your studies.
- Single ensuite rooms in 4,5or 6 bedroom apartment furnished.
- Double or single studio – furnished.
- Shared furnished living and kitchen areas.
- Located on North Terrace within easy walking distance to SAIBT.
- Reliable broadband internet in every bedroom and social area. 100GB of download per month is included.
- Easy and convenient Inclusive Packages that include utilities, internet connection & usage and contents insurance.
- State-of-the-art security with a team dedicated to making Urbanest North Terrace an exceptional place to live, study and socialise.
For more information: https://urbanest.com.au/adelaide/north-terrace .
UniLodge Metro Adelaide
- Furnished one or two bedroom student apartments
- Each apartment has a separate bedroom, remote control flat screen television, carpet, telephone, security intercom, internet ready, dining table and chairs, study desk, chair and air-conditioning.
- Kitchens have electric cook top stove. Microwave, range hood, fridge, sink.
- Bathrooms equipped with vanity basin, mirror, shower, hand rail and toilet.
- Safe, secure student apartment designed specifically for students academic and social needs.
- Great indoor and outdoor recreational facilities.
- Convenient city location close to transport, shops and cafes.
- 100 GB of internet data per month included.
Uni Lodge On Waymouth
- Fully furnished studio apartments with ensuite bathrooms.
- Balcony, reverse cycle air conditioning, microwave oven, hot plates, fridge, single or double bed, telephone line, broadband internet connection, flat screen wall mounted television, study desk and chair, lounge, coffee table, wardrobe and bedside table.
- Common facilities include a gymnasium, library, outdoor entertaining area, tutorial room, lounge room, bike storage facilities, 24 hour staff, secure smart card access and CCTV security cameras.
- Fully equipped laundry facility with washing machines, clothes dryers, ironing boards and irons.
- 100 GB of internet data per month included.
Bradford Lodge and Highgate Lodge
- 6 month minimum stay.
- 24 hour on site management and support.
- Single room occupancy.
- Inclusions - furniture, linen, cutlery, crockery, private fridge, air conditioning for heating and cooling.
- Bradford Lodge – two side by side rooms share one private bathroom.
- Highgate Lodge – Share bathrooms segregated into male and female.
- Several share kitchens to cook your own food.
- Bradford Lodge has a cafeteria from which evening meals can be purchased [not available at Highgate Lodge].
- Several lounge areas with indoor games.
- On site coin operated laundry.
- Travel Time to the city by bus
- Bradford Lodge – 10 to 15 minutes
- Highgate Lodge – 15 to 20 minutes
- 25GBs of free high speed wireless internet is included – after this more free GBs are available at a reduced speed.
- Security Bond – two weeks room fee.
Room costs and availability can be found on the website: www.aiv.com.au
Torrens Valley International Residence (Without Meals)
- 4 weeks minimum stay.
- Single room occupancy.
- Furniture and linen included.
- Share kitchen and bathroom.
- Lounge areas.
- On site laundry.
- Close to shopping centre, cinema.
- 20 minute bus trip to campus.
- Wireless internet $55 per month for unlimited download.
For more information: http://www.tvir.biz/
Private rental accommodation
Private rental accommodation, usually for six to 12 months should only be organised after you arrive in Adelaide. Assistance is available from the SAIBT Accommodation Office on campus.
Beware of rental scams!
Visit a property you are interested in renting – go inside to view the property and ask what areas you will have access to. Be careful paying any money via the internet and make sure you get a receipt immediately for any money paid.
Visit www.sa.gov.au/topics/housing/renting-and-letting for information on rights and responsibilities of tenants and landlords.
Temporary accommodation is available in the form of a share dormitory [backpackers], hostel or hotel accommodation. This accommodation is usually paid for directly with the provider.
We can help find short-term accommodation for your parents or family if they come with you to Adelaide.
Contact the Accommodation Office for current advice email@example.com.